Thursday, August 25, 2011

MARGARITAS!!!!

Me and Nicole...

Last night the "Zumba Crew" had our monthly margarita night...  After an hour of sweating our butts off at Zumba, we all met at Senor Lucky's Cantina to partake in a few cocktails and a lot of laughing...   a LOT of laughing.  Wayne doesn't Zumba but sometimes joins us for the margarita "after party"...

Anna and me...

Wayne and I happen to be "frequent flyers" at Senior Lucky's and for some reason they still let us in the door??!?  Margaritas often appear at our table before we have even ordered any and we have a good rapport with most of the wait-staff.  I always imagine that they must cringe when our motley mob of sweaty and disheveled Zumba-ers bust through the door unannounced each month.

Wayne and Nicole...

I can't say enough about how Zumba has changed my life...  Besides the excellent workout that has quite literally reshaped my body, there are some really amazing people who have become great friends.  We are brought together by common "fitness" and "fun" goals and find that we have more in common than we ever would have guessed...

For those of you out there who are considering joining a club, or starting an excercise program, or taking up a hobby, or whatever else might be running through your head...  stop considering and start doing.  You may find a whole community of friends you never knew existed.  You may find that you have a passion for your new endeavor that you never imagined.  You may become more fulfilled in your life than you have ever been.

Don't put these things off!!  Today is a gift and tomorrow is not gauranteed.  You will never regret taking that first step down the path, but you will certainly regret the step never taken.  Who knows, that path might lead to a table surrounded by friends and heavily ladened with MARGARITAS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great group and great fun! Running has changed my life. I love it. Yes I run alone but its done so much for me! BUT I can say that I am moving forward with joining of sorts! I registered for college this last Tuesday, I am going back! :O) ... I am excited! Okay yes I am not the average age of a college student but hey anymore people of all ages are doing all things :O)..gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the hangover was worth it....
    very tried a margarita

    now I want one
    or two.....or three.......

    ReplyDelete