Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Last Weekend in August...

It has been a while since I wrote a "weekend recap"...


The craziness of the summer is winding down and the HOT temps have given way to cool mornings and beautiful afternoons.  I almost feel guilty writing about the amazing weather we have had since the east coast is trying to dry out from the torrential rains and winds of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene...

Rams enjoying the afternoon sun...

I still have most Fridays off from work as things have not picked up much at the warehouse.  This past Friday was a lazy day - a greek salad from the greasy spoon in town, some buldozing/manure removal with the mini-excavator back by the horse barn, measuring cotton warp for a new project on my Dorset Floor Loom, and dinner with friends in downtown Flint.  While the company and the wine was great, the food at the restaurant didn't really impress me and we stopped for ice cream and then breadsticks on they way home... 


Saturday started out with a GREAT morning Zumba class...  I only had around 10 students because a lot of people were vacationing up north or running in the CRIM race which was happening in Flint on Saturday, but it was an energetic group and we got a great workout (thankfully burned off that ice cream and those breadsticks!!!).  I got home and starting "slaying the reed" on my loom (this means I was threading the strings through the slotted metal reed).

Saturday afternoon sun through the trees...


We then visited friends to see the progress on a landscaping project they had been working on...  this led to a few cocktails and snacks in their kitchen for most of the afternoon.  I made the mistake of not eating prior to the visit and I really overdid the snack thing...  Got home in time for evening chores and decided dinner was in order - a run up to the crappy little Chinese restaurant in town rounded out my poor eating decisions for Saturday.


Luckily my friend Peggy, a neighbor and fellow Zumba enthusiast, agreed to an impromtu Sunday Zumba session, and we danced, burned, and excercised all of those bad calories away!  It was a gorgeous afternon to Zumba behind her house and I am sure all of her neighbors wondered what all of the yelling and latin music was about.  Luckily her house is in the middle of 30+ acres so while they may have wondered, they were not able to see us sweating our butts off.


The rest of Sunday was filled with working outside, taking care of livestock, and enjoying the absolutely gorgeous weather.  It was a great weekend to do little and enjoy good friends, good food, good drinks, and great excercise...


Monday morning was back to the daily grind...

Monday morning painted sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment