Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another UP... WAY up!!!

As if watching lambs play was not therapy enough, I have become even more addicted to ZUMBA!  It is fun, it is dancing, it is a party...   it is EXERCISE IN DISGUISE!!!
Over the past few weeks, my Zumba instructor was off with her family on a Carribean cruise and I got the opportunity to jump into her job while she was gone.  I imagine that nerves may have been something to overcome had it been any other time of year, but life and death happening at home in the lambing barn really has a way of putting things in perspective, right?

Things went awesome...  not only did I get to go and dance and work out, but I got to motivate others and get them excited about an activity that has changed my life.  One of the nights I got to lead a class of over 40 people!  The energy and excitement in the room was absolutely electric...

This past Saturday was my official training day and I spent from 8:00 in the morning to 6:00 at night getting my Zumba Basic 1 Trainer Certification.  What an amazing day...  started out with a Master class led by one of the country's leading Zumba instructors, but then we got to learn all about Zumba, the history of the dances, etc.  They broke down four different dances and we learned all of the "ins and outs" of the merengue, salsa, cumbia, and regaeton.

Needless to say, I was exhausted, tired, and very sore by the time the class ended, but so pumped up.  I did not think it was possible that I could be any more addicted to Zumba than I already was...   BUT I AM!!!!

2 comments: