Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finished Towels...

Thought I would share a few pictures of the towels we finished yesterday...
It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago they were just cotton yarn...  I am amazed at what we have been able to produce with a little patience and a lot of time.

Each towel is different...
Here is the first one we wove -
we used a cream/gray color yarn for the weft...

We used light green for the weft on the 2nd towel...

A thicker light blue yarn on the third towel gave a totally different look and feel...

2 inch stripes of a few different colors gave a great "checker-board" effect to the 4th towel...

On the final towel, we used the same green/bronze that we used for the stripes in the warp and it turned out beautiful...  I can't believe how nice our edges turned out considering there were two of us weaving whenever we had a few spare minutes...

I'd say we're addicted...

7 comments:

  1. Just wonderful! Great job and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all really great Rich and Wayne. You guys have become quite the craftsmen. I am totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the checked towel! You guys do an amazing job with those.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. if I lived closer I'd offer to buy one!!!

    ReplyDelete