Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lambs, Lambs, Lambs...

You may have noticed that I have been a little remiss in my blogging responsibilities lately.  Between lambs, lambs, and more lambs, I have been a little sleep deprived.  Not to mention a marathon week of Zumba - 2 hour celebration on Sunday, and my regular Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday classes.  Plus we finished the cotton towels on the loom, and purchased a 2nd smaller folding loom which I have begun to warp.  So much going on...

I promise pictures of the towels which turned out AWESOME...  I think one of them will definately say "Happy Birthday Mom" as my mother's birthday is quickly approaching.  I am not always the best at calling (shame on me) because I get so busy, but I think she would really love one of the towels...

I did take some pictures of the lambs and hope you enjoy them... 
4 ewes down and 19 left to go...

You have already met Annie and Panda's lamb...
Ugly Dog's Farm Black Magic is full of spunk!


2nd to lamb was one of the new Border Cheviot ewes we got from North Carolina - She had a gorgeous ewe lamb


Ripped Ear was the next to go and gave birth to twin ram lambs


And last night TB, a natural colored Merino ewe, gave birth to twin boys...  The first one weighed 12#10oz and the second was 11#10oz
Thats nearly 25 pounds of lamb!!!

I promise that I will follow up with more pictures of the lambs, pictures of the towels, a request for a blog post on my sweet pet parrot (who will be going to live with my brother and his family this summer), and a few other happenings around the farm that I want to share.

7 comments:

  1. They are looking great! I know what you mean about sleep deprived. We have 20 kids out of 9 goats and one more penned to give birth (tonight I hope). Then we're done with round one. Hope the rest of your ewe's have no problems!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my back-county ancestors used to sleep in the barn come lambing time. BRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Sounds like you are in the thick of it now! Fun tho! I'm just about done I have 4 ewes left to go. 5 born Fri-Sat. My B.L just dropped her lamb and walked away from it. I can't wait for it to be over now.
    Have fun!
    Teri♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewe've been on the lamb. Take care of what's important... we'll all be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute all of them!! Congrats and glad everything is going well with births.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you that you are getting such nice lambs....your flock will grow fast with twins! Take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete