Thursday, January 27, 2011

Perspective from the Barn...

We are one step closer to lift-off folks...  We are like mission control counting down the days and checking off the "to do" list.  Today I ordered supplies from Pipestone Veterinary Clinic, American Livestock Supply, and Valley Vet Supply and spent a bunch of cash on lambing supplies and horse wormers.

This evening we also moved the Cheviot and Merino ewes in the barn...  it was snowing pretty good out and we need to get the wool dry for shearing in a week.  The dreary gray days and long cold nights of winter are SOOO much more tolerable when you are preparing and planning for lambs.

I think that the world would be a better place if everyone had animals to care for.  It puts things in perspective - the things that are truly important, how fragile life is, how the simple things are the sweetest, nothing worthwhile is easy.






Where does YOUR perspective come from?

Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree that animals do give you a larger perspective of the world, life, being. I'm starting to get excited for kids in March.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think that animals really expand our world, if we all had animals maybe we could achieve world peace! Or maybe cats would take over the world... I'm telling you, they have a conspiracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think animals DO help us see both the joy and sadness of life. Reading scripture and walking in the woods help too. (I don't do enough of either!)

    ReplyDelete