Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Say it with STYLE!

Who knew I had anything to say?  (besides those of you who have known me for years and have been trying to get me to SHUT UP for most of that time)…

When I first started this blog, I decided not to let anyone know about it until I had a few posts under my belt – after all, I didn’t know whether I would even LIKE writing about the daily happenings around our farm.  The problem was, being the lifelong approval junkie that I am, I couldn’t stand the fact that I had posted something and didn’t have anyone reading to let me know if it was useful, funny, and entertaining or merely self indulgent crap.

I first asked my very good friend Sue, whom I work with, for her opinion.  She read the first two posts and promptly told me that anyone who would want to read this garbage clearly had less of a life than I do… 

So imagine my surprise, that I have been nominated by two exceptional bloggers for the “Stylish Blogger Award”…  What’s this???  Me???  You like me!  You really like me! (Apologies to Sally Field)

Thank you to Olddog at Yellow Dog Farm and to John at Going Gently for the nominations.  And thank you to everyone else for reading!

One of the “conditions” of this award is that I must share 7 personal things about myself that you may not already know:

1) Back in my school days I was active in the marching band and played several musical intruments.  I was elected “drum major” (the bossy leader) and have very fond memories of those days.  Hours of grainy home movies of various parades, halftime shows, and other events still exist in the vaults waiting to become featured in my “Before they were Stars” episode.

2) I have a “love affair” with food and at least twice in my life have lost close to 100# in less than a year timeframe.  I feel that I am more healthy today than I have ever been, but there is always the thought in the back of my head that I am never safe from being back where I started.  I don’t ever want to be out of control again and it is a constant fear.

3) I am very proud to have graduated with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from a top college.  My current job utilizes ZERO of this degree, but I learned that I am capable of accomplishing things I could never imagine.  I don’t have your typical “engineer” mind…  I am more visual and artistic naturally, but that time at school was the first time where I really pushed myself to places I didn’t know I could get to. 

4) I was a momma’s boy when I was very young.  I remember my first day of preschool when my mother told me as we were walking in that there was no reason to be upset – she would pick me up at the end of the day.  I remember thinking “upset about what”?  Minutes later as she was walking out of the room, I was crying like a baby – that is until they brought out the modeling clay and once my snake was complete, I never looked back.

5) I had a healthy fear of big dogs when I was younger…  They moved fast and had big teeth and I was very intimidated.  I would never have imagined that I would have six of them sleeping in bed with me as an adult.

6) I think that I am a terrible salesman…  My thought is that I should tell you not only what is good about what I have for sale, and not only what is bad, but also everything that might possibly go wrong or has gone wrong with something else or problems someone else had with a similar product, or a nightmare I had about a product that slightly resembled what I am selling…   I guess I figure that if you know all of that and still want it, then I will sell it to you.

7) I am the first one to look at the way “kids” dress today and complain about their sloppy appearance, the dirty looking hair, the inappropriate underwear showing because the jeans are riding too low, the ripped up jeans, etc.  However, the first thing I did when I reached my goal weight was to buy a BRAND NEW pair of ripped up jeans from American Eagle…  I really like them and I wonder if possibly pictures leaked out to the internet of me wearing these jeans – this might explain my “Stylish Blogger” award?????

Thanks again for the nominations!  It is nice to know that people are enjoying the blog!  I need to pass this award on so stay tuned for MY nominations...

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I remember a tail.... Congrats on the award, I have no idea where that comes from or I would nominate you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I really enjoyed learning more about you.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone told me that I'd be reading a blog about a farm, I would have told them they were crazy... but it's not so much the content as the connection between people. Surely, if you were sitting down with a friend, you'd be talking about your animals... consider the readers as your friends.

    I don't write for other's approval, nor do I edit. You have to do it for you for whatever reasons you have... because it's therapeutic... because you are sharing knowledge... or whatever the goal... Don't we have to conform in so many other aspects of our lives? Can't we have one place where we can be ourselves?

    I am glad that I happened upon your blog... thanks for sharing a piece of you.

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy your blog . It's very entertaining the way you make an ordinary day sound so interesting and even comical. Takes a very grounded and happy person to see all these little things, and recognize them for their emense value. Farm life is so full of life and challenges and successes. Keep posting yours. It gives the right type of encouragement to the rest of us. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I just started following your blog and really enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. READ CAREFULLY TO HELP SOMEONE
    My name is clara i'm from uk,i want to use this opportunity to disclose a vital information which I was asked not to.i have a brother who work as an anonymous he was the one who told me about this FREE CARD that you can used in buying and cash out a limit amount of money.he further told me their manager specialize in doing FREE CARD that he his going to send me his email but i should not expose him to manager in case he ask me how i got his email, that i found it on the internet so two days after i contacted him he reply was what's your name and how did you got my email which i told him exactly what my brother told me so after that he further asked me how he can be off help to me which i did by explaining my financial situation.After my explanation he asked some question which i answer then he reply by telling me he his a God fearing man that he was touch by my story that his going to help me.i was so happy he didn't rejected my offer.   So after the interaction he ask me to give him some days that he will get back to me,then after a week interval in the morning i receive a package unknowingly to me he was the FREE CARD follow by the instruction how am going to register and used it.today making it a year plus that have been using this FREE CARD.  NOTE;my major aim of revealing this information is because someone out there is passing through financial challenge you can as well reach him via email [officialfreecardmanager@gmail.com]
     TRY YOUR LUCK WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

    ReplyDelete