Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bulging Bellies...

No folks, I haven't given up on my fitness quest...

The average sheep gestation period is 147 days.  The rams were put in with our first breeding groups 139 days ago...  that means that we could be having our first lambs in just over a weeks time.
Ripped Ear is looking WIDE...

I mentioned before that we used some ram lambs this breeding season.  One of them we got from down south was pretty small and got pushed around quite a bit at first by some of my more dominant ewes.  We will probably have a lot of late lambs out of that breeding group, but by the looks of things we will have some other lambs to keep us busy in the meantime.
Pregnant ladies chewing their cud...

This ewe is looking WIDE...

Annie will be a first time mom and she is getting wide and is growing a nice udder.

They are forecasting a winter storm which could start any time and bring with it a lot of snow and ice.  I sure hope it doesn't mess with my Zumba class tomorrow night...  gotta get my "Z" on!

Stay Warm!!!  Spring is on it's way...

3 comments:

  1. They certainly do look like that need an "oversized load" sign posted on their behinds! Good luck with lambing.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Those girls look ready to go! Hope you have been getting some extra sleep in anticipation of the grand events!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move over, pardon me, excuse me. Good grief a girl can't even move around these days without bumping into another girl! tee hee

    ReplyDelete