Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

While the blizzard didn't bring us the massive pummeling of snow that some places have been hit with, we did wake up to a little accumulation of the white stuff and it is still coming down.
Based on the weather forecast, my workplace had decided to close for Wednesday and I did my best to clear the schedule for the day.  It was nice not to have to brave the ice and snow covered roads first thing this morning.
The animals seem to deal with the snow just fine.  We threw everybody some extra hay in order to provide more calories for them to burn and stay warm...  Personally, my calorie intake seems more than adequte to keep me warm in the coldest of conditions...
I hope everyone is staying safe and warm!  Once this snow stops we can get to work plowing!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through. I must say, I really appreciate those snow days so I can shovel the animals out. Not that they want out, but it makes it easier for me to bring them their food, which they really do want!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got two feet of the white stuff with 5 plus foot drifts. Still have some clearing to do on the driveway.

    ReplyDelete