Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Super-Cooled Rain...

At the beginning of the season, we wish for snow...  We sing songs about "Dreaming of a White Christmas", beckon the powers that be to "Let it Snow", and greet "Suzy Snowflake" as she is "tap, tap, tapping" at our window pane.

All it takes is a few white knuckled drives to work, some frigid afternoons spent on the tractor plowing out the drive, and a couple of headers into a pile of snow after slipping on the ice and you are ready for Suzy Snowflake to pack her bags and "thumpity thump" herself down the road with Frosty as he is run out of town.

We got around a foot of "the white stuff" on Sunday night.  It is gorgeous the way it coats the ground in a white blanket and ices the pines and spruces as though they are on the set of the remake of "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer".  While it is beautiful, I am ready for spring rain.

They are calling for another winter storm for this Friday...  After the beautiful "taste of spring" we enjoyed last week, I can hold out for spring rain...  I can keep my chin up (while wrapped in a warm home-spun and hand-woven scarf) knowing that we are almost there...

This Friday when the snow pummels us yet again showing that winter is still here, I will choose to think of it as super-cooled SPRING rain!

Yep, I came up with that ALL on my own.

I guess that makes me...    SUPER COOL!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I have to tell ya this girl is never happy to see snow! Just hate the stuff! If it never snows here again it will be to soon, well you get the idea :O).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a pair of cross country skis and then you would love when it snows. (No balance required!) Hope we get your Friday storm so you won't have to plow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your optimism is amazing! I'm just ready for spring.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true... I'm not quite over it yet, but with leaving for Cancun on Saturday, I have something to break it up... I'm not sure how I'll feel when I get back.

    ReplyDelete