Thursday, December 2, 2010

First Snow of the Season...

December gave us a taste of things to come yesterday with the first snow of the season...  maybe an inch of the white stuff by the time it was done.  I tried to take a few pictures of the Clun ram lamb gearing up for his introduction to the ewes this weekend, but it is just too dark by the time I get home from work...  you will have to wait another day.

Roads were pretty slick last night on the way to and from working out (I love Zumba).  It was pretty hard to see through the blowing snow and by the time I got home, I had convinced myself that my sheep run-in sheds needed more straw.  Rather than laying awake for hours contemplating my failure as a shepherd for not spreading more straw, I trudged out and did it in the dark.  Wayne followed me out and bedded down the Merinos and the Cluns.

It is gearing up to be a busy weekend... 
Friday - worm/trim feet on the Clun ewes, move the Clun ewe lamb in with the older girls, and dinner with the Pitchfork Ranch girls at El Charrito.
Saturday - Amish boys will be over to trim/shoe the horses and donkeys (always fun).
Sunday - X63 goes in with the Cluns (final breeding group for 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment