Monday, December 20, 2010

Obsession, Excitement, and Appreciation

Obsession (noun) - the domination of one's thoughts or feelings
by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

Anyone who knows me personally is probably aware that over the years I have lost, found, lost, found, and lost again no small amount of body fat over my lifetime. In the fall of 2009 with my 35th birthday looming in less than a year, I became very focused on finally conquering my "battle of the bulge". I worked hard at changing my eating habits, my diet, and my excercise routine and ended up celebrating my 35th birthday very happy with my health and very happy with my weight loss (met my goal and then some).

I continue to work on toning and tightening with thoughts that some day I might possibly go to a beach without being mistaken for a marshmallow wearing a bathing suit (although marshmallows are VERY sweet and I insist that we will always have this in common).

You will probably note, after reading my blog, that I am prone to obsessing. The other day I caught myself rescheduling a friends birthday dinner because it fell on the same day as a Zumba class. Luckily I have very understanding friends and "can we reschedule your birthday so that I don't have to unpack my fat clothes" was completely understood.

Excitement (noun) - an excited state or condition.

I am the youngest of 5 children (I am pretty sure that my parents kept having them until they got the perfect one). Each year we try to get the family together on Christmas Eve - this year my sister and her family, from Chicago, will be jointly hosting the family festivities here at the farm. I am very excited to see everyone and to enjoy good company and homemade family recipes.

My sister found my grandmother's recipe for Pierogi and is bringing 6 dozen of them. Unfortunately my Brother and his family from Minnesota won't get into town until later in the week but it will be great to see them when they finally do.


Appreciation (noun) - Recognition of the quality, value, significance, or magnitude of people and things.

Wayne has been working his butt off to get ready for this party... he is cooking, cleaning, shopping, and getting the house ready for my family. I REALLY appreciate it! Between work, Zumba, and Christmas events throughout the week, I will be little help until Thursday night. I am pretty darn lucky!

It's a good thing that the dogs are ready and willing to help... Too bad there are no dishes to be cleaned.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time with family ... Always nice this time of year ... We miss our family being around us most at Christmas more than usual.
    I have the same dish washer only in golden!
    BTW, I do have low and wide girls ... I have several from the Judy Moore blood line ... Not to impressed with them tho.
    Merry Merry!
    Teri♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too Teri!!! Our dishwashers perform very well (I am sure yours does too!)

    I don't have any Moore genetics in my flock... I do have Simeral/Shoop/Dickenson/Mann to name a few.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to drop in and say hi! I love your blog! I got tickled over your statement about being the youngest! I am the youngest too and I tell my brothers the same thing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same weight thing too!
    a bit of a health kick will start in jan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait for the holidays too! Wayne rocks! Out of salt for the water softener but don't want to wait in the holiday lines to get some... Maybe next year. See ya!

    ReplyDelete